Peacefulness is both an everyday practice for individuals and a deliberate corporate response to injustice, fear, and hatred. The Book of Common Prayer reminds us how “the mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ.”
We’re committed to continuing the work of the 2014 Reclaiming the Gospel of Peace conference.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”
– Matthew 5:9
- Faiths United to Prevent Gun Violence is an interfaith and ecumenical coalition with extensive resources and news about legislative initiatives.
- Episcopal Peace Fellowship is a national organization committed to prayer, study, and action for justice and peace. Visit website for liturgies, litanies, and sermons.
- Read the article, “Reclaiming the Gospel of Peace” Wraps Up in Oklahoma City” for more news about that event in April, 2014.
- Join the conversation on Facebook in the public group: Reclaiming the Gospel of Peace–Maryland.
- Read Sharon Ely Pearson (editor), Reclaiming the Gospel of Peace: Challenging the Epidemic of Gun Violence (Morehouse, 2015). Available from St. Bede’s Books at the Diocesan Center. Phone: 410-243-1727
The Rev. Lauren Welch