EMERGENCY RESPONSE RESOURCES
DISASTER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (DERT/MD)
The Disaster and Emergency Response Team of Maryland (DERT/MD) was formed in association with Episcopal Relief and Development to prepare and respond to disasters and emergencies–both natural and human. DERT members are committed to:
- Providing liaison between organizations such as Episcopal Relief and Development, volunteers for the Maryland Defense Force, and governmental and non-governmental response agencies.
- Working proactively to provide resources to anyone affected by any disaster.
- Encouraging and providing training, certification and credentialing for disaster/emergency response.
- Helping churches develop a disaster preparedness plan.
- Providing chaplains for first-responders as well as others at-the-scene.
- Visit the US Disaster Program page at the Episcopal Relief & Development website to learn about recovery programs and partnerships.
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) provides information about creating a Disaster Supply Kit, interactive maps and real-time data tools, and more.
- Maryland VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) is a coalition of diverse disaster relief agencies sharing information and resources.
- Information about mental health first aid is available from MHAMD (Mental Health Association of Maryland).
- Disaster prep on a budget (tips from CouponChief.com)