We encourage all congregations to avail themselves of a number of wonderful online resources.
- Join our Facebook Group to find additional resources and connect with other Christian Formation leaders
- The Center for the Ministry of Teaching at Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, Virginia, has both on-line and print material. Visit https://vtslifelong.org/
- FORMA is a network of Episcopal formation professionals. Visit their resource wall at https://www.forma.church/
- Church Publishing offers a number of print resources for purchase. Visit the following website and browse under Curriculum and Faith Formation: https://www.churchpublishing.org/
We also offer to connect a congregation with a local Christian formation professional for a free consultation.
INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP FORMATION
- Centering Prayer – Tuesdays, Cathedral of the Incarnation, 11:30 AM Holy Eucharist followed by centering prayer and discussion. Meditate on Scripture, come to the Table of the Lord, and then stay to experience Centering Prayer. Centering Prayer is a contemplative practice that will help you move beyond thoughts and emotions into quiet communion with God. You may attend either the Eucharist, the Centering Prayer time or both; together they provide a refreshing midday break for soul and spirit. Note: We provide brief instruction for those who are new to this spiritual practice.
- Cursillo: http://www.mdepiscopalcursillo.com/
- Education for Ministry (EfM) provides lay people with theological education. This four-year program is an extension of the School of Theology at Sewanee, The University of the South and participants enroll annually. EfM involves meeting in small groups led by trained mentor-facilitators. We strongly recommend participation in EfM by anyone in the process of discerning a call to ordained ministry. Ms. Meg Kimble, EfM Coordinator, [email protected].
- Annual Vestry Workshop
- Winter Retreats for Men and Women
For more information on adult events, visit https://www.claggettcenter.org/adult-programs.
Ms. Kate Riley