236TH DIOCESAN CONVENTION
May 15-16, 2020
Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center
Ellicott City, MD
Each year, representatives from around our diocese gather to review and discuss issues, policies and structures. While voting representatives and alternates must preregister and pay to attend Convention, anyone is welcome to attend as an observer for free. Registered attendees receive packets of information and meals during the two-day meeting. All Convention materials will also be available electronically on this web page and on our Diocesan Convention App. Follow this link to download our mobile app for iPhone and Android [via Yapp].
CALL TO CONVENTION
STEPS TO ATTEND CONVENTION
- Certification of Lay Delegates by rector/vicar/registrar/secretary
- Convention Registration of each Attendee (clergy, delegate and alternate) — online registration opens February 28
- Payment of Convention fees ($140.00 on or before April 28 — $170.00 after)
- Hotel Reservation
- Download our Convention mobile app for iPhone and Android mobile devices [via Yapp]
CONVENTION REGISTRATION FORMS
CERTIFICATION & REGISTRATION
*Lay Delegate certifications must be received in the diocesan offices by March 3. Online registration opens March 4. All certified delegates will receive an email with a link to register online beginning March 4.
All certified delegates will receive an email with a link to register online beginning March 4.
Much of the important work of our diocese is done by people who generously offer their time and talents in the service of the Church. This work is largely done on week nights and weekends when these lay and ordained volunteers could be enjoying other pursuits. They volunteer their time because their ordination vows and Baptismal Covenant call them to serve God with all their heart, soul, strength and mind.
Please prayerfully consider putting your name forward for one of the elected position available above in the nomination description form, or nominate a colleague whom you know and respect. The deadline for nominations is Monday, March 9, so the time to act is NOW. The nomination form is available in the convention documents listed above.
EXHIBITS & VENDORS
All available exhibit and vendor space is reserved, no additional space is available. Contact Adam Barner, [email protected], with questions about exhibits.
- Lay Delegate and Youth Delegate Certification — March 3
- Nominations — March 3
- Registration Opens for Certified Delegates — March 3
- Reports for the Convention Journal — March 16
- Resolutions — March 16
- Exhibit and Vendor Requests — All available space is reserved
- Hotel Reservations at group rate — April 14
- Convention Registration fee ($140.00) increases to $170.00 — April 28
JOURNALS & REPORTS
Additional reports and the convention journals are added, as received, according to the convention timeline.