We’re called to practice a more sustainable way of living to fulfill Christ’s commandment to “love one another” and Maryland Episcopal Environmental Partners (MEEP) is focused on that goal. Through its commitment to “GreenGrace,” MEEP’s team provides practical resources and meaningful ways to enhance our connection to God’s creation at church and at home. MEEP also provides resources, engages in conversation, and builds community on its Facebook page.
- Completing a Church Energy Audit [PDF]
- Completing a Home Energy Audit FAQs [PDF]
- Earth Ministry/Interfaith Power & Light is national network of organizations working on a faithful response to climate change. Visit their website to find advocacy and worship resources, information about the Greening Congregations Program, access to free videos and films, and more!
- Interfaith Power & Light (DC.MD.NoVa) works with congregations of all faiths to save energy, go green, and respond to climate change. MEEP is in partnership with Interfaith Power & Light (DCMDNoVa)
- Green Electricity and Climate-Friendly Natural Gas FAQs [PDF]
- Green Faith (Interfaith Partners for the Environment) provides best practice guidelines for eco-themed worship services, a Religious-Environmental Training (fellowship program), and GreenFaith Certification (two-year program) to help houses of worship become environmental leaders, plus extensive resources.
- Groundswell organizes localized residents and institutions into collective purchasing groups and guides the entire process of security clean energy. MEEP is in partnership with Groundswell.
- “Caring for Creation” sermon by Bishop Robert Ihloff (2014) [Audio]
- “Listening to God’s Call: Integrity and Environmental Stewardship” sermon by MEEP member and lay minister, Dan Schoos (2015) [Audio]
- Moyers on America: Is God Green? [Video]
- Starting An Environmental or Creation Care Committee [PDF]
- “Three Layers of Environmental Preaching” by Rev. Peter Sawtell, Executive Director of Eco Justic Ministries.
Chair, Maryland Episcopal Environmental Partners